Thursday, March 12, 2009

FRIDAY, THE 13th.........!!!!


The number 13 was always considered an unlucky number by a large section of people across the globe and specially if the 13th of the month falls on a friday, like today friday....the 13th.Many associate this day with bad luck...a day where all new beginnings are to be avoided, any auspicious work not done....to the extend that sometimes the 13th floor of the building is missing, though i don't know how is that possible numerically. lol!
Personally i have no such beleive because i see every new day as a new beginning....a day to be looked forward......to learn new things ....to reflect on my past deeds...... always feeling a Supreme blessing over me. And this friday the 13th is all the more important to me because I stepped into this world on this day ...the 13th of march. Looking back on life, I am like a ship sailing through the ups and downs of life, with every moment being a learning experience.
I thank my parents for bringing me into this world on this day......i thank them for giving me such a loving childhood......i thank them for giving me all the comforts in life that they could afford to , never once giving me a chance to feel the want of need and at the same time ensuring that nothing comes without hard work.......that money is important but its not all in life. My late father who was such a wonderful father to me......for all the time he would sing me lullabys and put me to sleep......for my mother who would sit by me all those nights that i was in pain.....i thank them in my small ways and i can only seek blessings from my father who is no more with me today.....

30 comments:

अविनाश said...

i too dont believe in all these....

Tan said...

I'm sorry to have missed that ...
You were born on this date, isnt it??
A Very Happy Birthday

Patty said...

Myself, I'm not superstitious. Have a great week-end.

अविनाश said...

Happy birthday on this beautiful day,
There's so many things, I just want to say.
You inspire many, with your thoughts and actions,
We're all so grateful, for your calm reactions.

Happy birthday on this beautiful day,
You've always been there, when we needed you to stay.
Kindness and thoughtfulness is your forte,
Our love for you, we wish to convey.

Happy birthday on this beautiful day,
We wish you the best, without any delay.
Hope you enjoy it, from beginning till end,
Here's a love and care, we're ready to send

अविनाश said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
WHERE IS PARTY??

Prachi Pandey said...

Many Happy returns of the day
accept my best & warm wishes
Njoy!!

Razzer said...

We Indians r Occult believers in a large number. We Indians believe in superstition. Touchy.
And sad.

BUT....

Not for those who have their Birthdays linked to it. :-) :-)
They have the power to reverse this effect. Wave their hands and say...dooor hoja musibat.... and away it will go.

Happy Bday. I wish u the world. :-)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday........
i don"t believe in such superstitions...actually today was a good day 4 me...office work was done smoothly...

Rohit Sharma said...

Happy Birthday to U.....
have a god time

amit said...

Nitu

Like all blogs this too is quite meaningful. Well thought out and well meant.

thats not why i read your blog today. I wanted to wish you the best in life on your birthday. Everything the way u wish and aspire should be yours.

wish you a million happy returns of this day which only should get happier as the time goes.

As things would have it, I have lost my cell and with that all my contacts. So couldnt call

Amit

Happy birthday

Vinisha said...

How sweet! And Ramesh says you spooked him. Bleh! :P

todays writer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wish you a good luck ahead....

Friday the 13th is thought to be a bad day here in Russia as well.... something to do with witchcraft, they say.
As for me, I dont believe in it. On 13th of February this year, again it was friday. Last month and today went like usual days , in fact I was more happy on both the occasions.

Razzer said...

Haha..Sorry my dear..
here it is..to get u off suspence

It's big but it's finally out..
The last part of the Legend of Krishna. I worked as fast as I cud so u r not left unsatisfied...
Hope u like it. Lemme know wot u think.

The story writer. :-)

Aviral said...

belated happy bday!

Ashok said...

belated happy Birthday

humanobserver said...

Friday 13th ? As usual for me :)

magiceye said...

belated happy birthday!!!!
how can this day be ever bad?!!!
this surely is a wonderful day when a person as wonderful as you was introduced into this beautiful world !
hope you've had a super day!!
and heres wishing you have many more!!

fatoori said...

:) belated happy birthday nitu!

R. Ramesh said...

If 13 was unlucky would u have got such wonderful wellwishers from across the globe???? tell me tell me tell me...have fun..cheeers..

Rahul Viswanath said...

Belated B'day Nitu ..... Firday the 13th is a very auspicious for people who are good at heart !!!

ferman said...

I do not believe that its unclucky becuz u a wonderful friend was brought in this good-bad world... Many happy returns of the day sweet.

Vinisha said...

:O I am a daft!

Happy Birthday :) I was living in April or May when I read March 13th

Sowieeee

Hope you had a great birthday!

nituscorner said...

Thanks every one for your good wishes.

Gerald (SK14) said...

a belated happy birthday - i've always been a tad cautious about triksadecaphobia but not overanxious.

Femin Susan said...

A Very Happy Birthday. You say it in a beautiful way. Congrats.

Priyanka Khot said...

I guess I am the only one who missed out on wishing you!

And I am terribly sorry for that!

A very Happy Belated Birthday!

Will call you soon and explain my blunder!

R. Ramesh said...

hey buddy..dropped in 2 say hi...eager to c the next post..cheers.

Story Teller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corner Gardener Sue said...

That was well said! We are blessed each day of our lives, and no number is lucky or unlucky.

Happy birthday (a little late)!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

That was well said! We are blessed each day of our lives, and no number is lucky or unlucky.

Happy birthday (a little late)!