Sunday, March 8, 2009

Woman's Day.....


As i said in my earlier posts ......we have a day dedicated to everything these days......( though I have not heard of Man's Day ....sorry guys !!!! but we do have a Husband's Day.......so all those eligible bachelors tie the knot fast lol!!! ) .....yes so today was woman's day. And today the value of a woman could not be said more beautifully.......
" BE CAREFUL IF YOU MAKE A WOMAN CRY.......
BECAUSE GOD COUNTS HER TEARS........
A WOMAN CAME OUT OF A MAN'S RIB.......
NOT FROM HIS FEET , TO BE WALKED ON......
NOT FROM HIS HEAD TO BE A SUPERIOR OVER........
BUT FROM HIS SIDE TO BE HIS EQUAL,
UNDER THE ARM TO BE PROTECTED,
AND NEXT TO THE HEART TO BE LOVED."
Today, i remember all those remarkable women who have helped me be the woman i am today....... My first aayah......i was a toddler then but i can still remember how dedicated she was towards taking care of me as both my parents were working...... i learnt the art of dedication from her . today she is no more.may her soul always rest in peace.
A neighbour.....Jethima ( aunty ) i used to call her.......my mother would leave me with her during my holidays ...and i would sit and watch her do all the work around the house .....and thats how i learnt all the domestic chores . today even she is no more. i pray for her soul too.
One of the nuns in school........Sr. Carmel .......she was one remarkable lady......i learnt the importance of moral values.......i learnt the art of loving selflessly.......and i learnt the beauty of being a woman.......i learnt about life....i learnt a lot of things that today have shaped me to be the person i am.....
and of course my mother......for bringing me into this beautiful world.......for teaching me the
joy of motherhood and for teaching me to be independent......
I humbly bow down with respect to all these women......for making me what i am today.
Also wishing all my women frens here a very happy woman's day.
P.S. my wishes to the guys too. lol!!!! ( am not partial. lol. )

10 comments:

अविनाश said...

saluting the sprt of womanhood
Happy woman's day...

R. Ramesh said...

great post nitu...touching too..some people are always spl in our lives...as u have rightly mentioned..lemme add my greetings..

Rahul Viswanath said...

Happy Woman's Day ........... :)

Patty said...

Happy (Belated) Woman's Day to you.

Tan said...

This reminded me of the following song:

रोने ना दीजियेगा
तो गाया ना जायेगा
ऐसे तो हाल दिलका
सुनाया ना जायेगा

BTW, Happy Women's Day!!

अविनाश said...

wishing u & ur family happy holi

Razzer said...

Hi Nitu.. Sorry to have u waiting so long.

The 2nd part of the "Legend of Krishna" has been publised.

Have a great read. Lemme knw wot u think. I hope u like it.

And it's true..so far as I believe.
Anand. :-)

Prachi Pandey said...

happy holi Nitu

magiceye said...

happy holi to you and yours!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I enjoyed this one, too!