Thursday, May 14, 2009

Memories Awaken......



My school, Loreto Convent , Shillong is in her 100Th year and the centenary celebration will be starting shortly. This is our school Hall. A place which saw many morning assemblies.....many gatherings......and many concerts. And the picture below is of our grand piano ( God knows how old it is ) and on her scales we sang many a note . Our school hymns and songs were so good that till date you could hear an ex LC humming those tunes. I can never forget its awesome sound which would fill this hall when we all sang in the choir. Today we the Loreto Alumni gathered here to practise a song that we would be singing on the inauguration day. Its a beautiful song, with soul touching lyrics, composed by one of our seniors who has excelled herself in the field of music today ( will be putting up those words soon ).So same place....... same piano...... only time has moved on. As our voices rang through the Hall , we were transported back to school days and the voices of our nuns ringing in our ears......."open your mouth and don't eat your words ...." .So typical of a convent school.

10 comments:

Patty said...

Floors and piano both look well preserved and shiny.

Indyeah said...

The floor looks beautiful..made me think of ball dancing:D:D
and yes evoked memories of my school too:)
the grand piano does look well preserved...
so you are from Loreto:))I have friends from there too:)


PS:-thanks for the name/url option:))

penguine said...

beautiful!!!

Aviral said...

my school hall floor looks exactly like that!

magiceye said...

nostalgia....

Onkar said...

Memories of school are some of the best that we have.

Razzer said...

Hi NItu, It looks grt. I can only imagine how kool it wud hv been studying there.
How I remember mine. Been sometime since I went there thugh. I will soon. U inspired me to. :-)

Aparna said...

I grew up in Delhi and my school was so beautiful. It had a sprawling lawn and a big gymnasium with a wooden floor. We had our assemblies there every day. I too remember the school prayers though so many years have passed since then. your post brought back some of my fondest mempries.

Sai Charan said...

Hi Nituji,

With two fine photos and a nice piece of description, you have truly awakened the school days memories of your readers.

School is very special to everyone; it’s a holy place which every student feels close to his heart.

This line is laudable:
"So same place....... same piano...... only time has moved on."

The grand centenary celebrations will definitely add more glamour to all those golden memories of the alumni.

Cheers,
Charan.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Nitu, I am uploading photos for a new post, and have never tried reading another blog while waiting, but it seems to be working, and makes the time go by faster.

That wood is lovely, including the floors. I would love to hear that singing. A number of years ago, I knew some people from Vietnam, and went to their Catholic church a few times. I couldn't understand a word, but their singing was beautiful!