Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good Old Mattress......!!!!!




With the markets being flooded with a variety of synthetic mattresses from Kurl-On to Sleep Well , its been a while since I saw people making a cotton mattress.....when we were younger, come winter months and we would find these men who makes mattresses all over the town......every body busy making quilts and warm ups for the approaching chilly weather. Last Sunday , one such man came walking down our lane , strumming his tool......I believe its called a "Jantar" and I rushed to the balcony to call him. We had an old cotton mattress lying in the house and for some odd reason I didn't want to throw it......so I got this man add up a few more kilos of cotton and make a new one. And wow ! look what I have here....it feels great to sleep in one.Suppose to be good for health too.

4 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

amazing, I never knew how mattresses were made...

RiĆ  said...

that was a interesting post. Thanks for adding to my knowledge. :)

penak said...

Interesting post nitu. You are right, we don't get to see this now a days.

Cheryl said...

Enjoyed this post. Very interesting about mattresses and that someone will come to you, amazing!