Sunday, October 18, 2009

Festival Of Lights.......!!!!!



Of all the festivals celebrated round the year , Diwali , the festival of Lights is my the favorite time. A part from the religious significance, I also find it very symbolic.. I love collecting different designs of lamps and once a year on Diwali Day I would take the pleasure to light each one of them . In fact I would dedicate each lamp subconciously to a cause.....one for peace...... one for my friend.....one for family.......for health and prosperity....etc. I am not too much into crackers....for two reasons, one they cause a lot of pollutions and secondly I believe most of them are made by children in factories where am told they don't even have proper safety measures and are not insured. But now, because of Neelav, I am forced to buy . Hopefully as he grows , he would understand why I don't support crackers.
Here's wishing every one a very happy Diwali. May the spirit of the festival of lights , light up our homes and our whole country and do away with all the dark corners in our hearts, as I am reminded of a lovely poem written by Rabindranath Tagore.......
" There are numerous strings in our lute
let me add my own among them.......
Amidst your numberless stars
let me place my own little lamp.......
In the dance of your festival of lights,
my life will throb and my life will be one with your smile........."

7 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

thanks for explaining your holiday. it sounds very much like the swedish st. lucia day which is in winter and when it's dark so many hours during the day. they light candles too...

Onkar said...

Happy Diwali. I also find this festival the most enjoyable of all. The poem was excellent.

Sunil said...

"Happy Diwali", may you have happiness & success infinite.

Anonymous said...

wishing you a very happy diwali nitu.

penak said...

wishing you a very happy diwali

Cheryl said...

I have enjoyed learning of your holiday. Lovely!

Priyanka Khot said...

I too will begin a diya collection and then light all of them next year. Loved the idea.

Happy Festivities.