Saturday, October 31, 2009

Football Match In HomeTown.......!!!!!!



Apart from music , the people of Shillong share the passion of soccer .....and once again the town was buzzing with excitement...... soccer fever was in the air. Home team " Lajong " met Air India Mumbai on the 18Th of this month and followed by Mohan Bagan on the 29Th. It was an electrifying moment for all the football lovers. Lajong football club saw its supporters in both old and the young....gender not accountable here. The city saw one of its worst traffic jam. I am not an ardent football fan but I do enjoy once a while and even if I didn't go down to the stadium, I definitely did see the live telecast by Zee Sports.....and in between running to the balcony to join in the cheers of the people......the first match was won by The Lajong club and the second match was lost by one goal, but it was a good match....and people said worth their money too. The next one coming up on 2nd Nov . against the Goan team Salgoacar.

3 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

how funny I first thought-they don't have football in india then I remembered that that's what you call soccer...lol!

Cheryl said...

A wonderful day for the fans. Here we call it soccer. My children learned to play soccer when they were younger and really enjoyed the game.

soccerman said...

i am a soccer fan and I watched the match on TV and was taken aback by the place and the people, and here I find a post on it, though i am not a blogger, i like to go through some blogs sometimes. you have an interesting one here. A beautiful place you live in. must plan a visit . will keep reading you. keep up the good work.