Friday, October 9, 2009

My Dental Appointment........!!!!!

They say doctors can be the worst patients. Very true.Every year this is one ordeal I need to go through whether I like it or not......and honestly speaking , I dread every dental appointment. Ugh!!! But I know how important and neccessary it is to go and sit on the dental chair and become a patient, at least once in 365 days, God forbid for more. The only plus point here is that since I know my dentist ( who usually is one of us....we take care of each other. lol!!! sometimes vengeance too.) , I am comfortable and am not too embarrassed to cringe , and clench , moan and groan.....So today was a day I became a patient and got my annual check up and clean up done. Oh! boy! 2 1/2 hrs of dental work inside my mouth.....I realize its not a joke. I understand how much worse it could be for a person , who is in pain and also not too familiar with the dentist.
But friends, why visit a dentist only when in pain???? visit him/ her when not in pain.....so that you will never experience pain......yes! That dental check up is very important

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I never thought about what it must be like for the dentist to be in the chair themselves...

Patty said...

Abe and I both have an appointment this coming Wed. for a dental check up. Since I only have 8 of my own teeth, it doesn't take long for the check up and cleaning.

Happy week-end to you and your family.

Great Grandma Lin said...

that's a long dental appointment 2 1/2 hrs. Wow do you try to torture each other? LOL!

Onkar said...

It is good that dentists also receive what they give to others.

magiceye said...

the sight of that torture chair is frightening!

Anonymous said...

aha, i rather visit the dentists when i'm in pain only at least i've a reason to visit them, sorry no offence to the dentists, it's the thought of the ensuing pain is the problem rather than the pain itself heh3x. But your advice as a preventive measure is actually the best practice to be adopted by all.