Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Blanket of Hail Stones.........!!!!!




The bright blue sky suddenly over came with thundering clouds and in a fraction of a second the down pour started. I had just reached the hospital and as I entered my department , it started hailing....I stood by the window marveling at the beautiful sight . The whole place was covered with white stones. And today of all the days I forgot my Digicam.So these two pictures I took with my cell phone as can be seen from our department window.The temperature dipped down fast and I stood shivering....watching the hail stones hitting the ground.....and then my reverie ended as patients started coming......I had to get down to work.

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, amazing sight to behold. Hail stones can sometimes break glass if they are big enough!

Great Grandma Lin said...

hail always amazes me!

BK Chowla, said...

Awsome.

soccarman said...

beautiful picture !!!!

nituscorner said...

@cheryl
yea we have real big ones. dicey for vehicles. once we had a real heavy hail storm and there were a number of casualties to. many had head injury. bold people have to take care.

R. Ramesh said...

your cellphone is damn good..y dont v exchange hehe

magiceye said...

wow must have been a great time indeed! the pics are good!

Urmi said...

Lovely pictures. I appreciate for your wonderful post.

Onkar said...

Lovely images. I can also hear the sound of hails falling on the tin roof.

R. Ramesh said...

Hi

Anonymous said...

is this the first time it happened, imagine getting hit by a few on the head

Priyanka Khot said...

All I could think of was the cold the hail stones brought to Shillong. And I remembered the way I had been shivering on December 24 :-) One of my best winter memories. :-)