Friday, April 30, 2010

Tooth Fairy......!!!!!



I know I have been out of the blogging world for almost 3 wks. No, I was not on vacation ( though I wish that was a reason !!! ). Between hospital duty, some depressing patient cases, dental workshops , sick granny and medical camps , I also had to be a " Tooth Fairy " for Neelav, Well, at nine yrs , his milk teeth are going, and each time one goes, the mother becomes a tooth fairy.....where I have to keep the tooth under his pillow, so that the fairy will come and take away the tooth and pay him the money.....and with each passing year his teeth are becoming expensive....meaning a rupee is too less. Before going to sleep a loud message is sent to the fairy , telling her that this time its no less then five rupees. On one such night that he lost another of his tooth , I was telling him , in all my five years of BDS in college, we never met a tooth fairy.....inspite of literally living with teeth. I was coolly told that fairies visit only children and never a dentist....and definitely never a budding dentist !!!!! Well , a few more still to go. Hope the rates are fixed at rupees five."Tooth Fairies" are you listening ???? Please note your price!!!!

10 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

arree how come my comment has not registered??!!anywy..wishes nitu

magiceye said...

lol! love the kid's thinking! smart!

Great Grandma Lin said...

wow India has tooth fairies also-what a world!

soccarman said...

finally nitu nice to see you back.this was cute. tooth faries!!!! i got thinking when did i lose my milk teeth??? and if i knew of tooth faries, may be my piggy bank would never have been empty.

Unknown said...

Kids love to hear about tooth fairy stories - what more if rupees get under the pillow!! Mine? - luckily I still have a lovely smile ( teeth too) to show off!!

Cheryl said...

Ah, how the times have changed! I was left a dime by the Tooth Fairy when I was a child, many, many years ago! My children always wished aloud that the Tooth Fairy would come and take their tooth, and I am sure hoping she would leave alot of money! Its a wonderful tradition to share with one's child though.

Rachna said...

Funny. The kids are so smart and so steadfast in their beliefs. Good to see that you are back

Onkar said...

Very interesting. I never heard of tooth fairies earlier.

R. Ramesh said...

:)

Anonymous said...

i didn't have any tooth fairies visiting me when i was a kid and of course now they'll just bypass me for sure. Good to have you back.