Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Any Buyers Here ???........!!!!!



I was walking the streets of Mysore and had come across this little baby boy lying on his stomach, manning his little shop.....I stood for a while watching him .....wondering how could who ever was with him ......mother , father , sister....leave him like this on a busy road at peak hour???? Reasons could be many but am sure none more important than his safety.....I wonder if he knew that he was left alone to take care of his shop.....its heart breaking when you see a baby left in the lap Nature like this. I could not have done anything for him but I certainly could not leave him like that alone at peak hour. I looked around me. Nobody seemed to notice. I guess its a sight too common......"We have no time to stand and stare " But as I was on a holiday I had all the time on my hand....so for once I stood and waited till I saw his mother coming across the road.I saw a bottle in her hand.I guess she went to fetch some water. Language was a barrier between us. But that night , I went to bed wondering about thousands of street babies like this without a shelter over their head in our country.....A country where in just a few days time will be hosting one of the most prestigious event.......and yet as the choicest of food will be laid out on the tables, thousands of children will still go to bed hungry. These are the ironies of life.

10 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

how true and sad at the same time. It exists is almost every country-the homeless and the abused.

Cheryl said...

Oh I was so upset by this...the photo of the little one tore at my heartstrings. It is one of the saddest things in our world that happens, children hungry or homeless, abused or abandoned. You did the right thing by waiting with him until his mother returned.

BK Chowla, said...

The country must hang it's head in shame.We have 83 crore people living under Rs 20/day.
We also have a few whose daily income is a few crores.

Rachna said...

So damn sad and true.

soccarman said...

Your post left me thinking and also left me feeling guilty because shamefully I admit , if I happen to cross this place, like many of them I would have also passed by not giving a second glance.Like you said "no time to stand and stare ".
This is one reason why i happen to come back to your blog time and again though am not a blogger.you make me see life.

Patty said...

It's a very sad situation, we have it here in America also. So many without homes and food, but yet it seems the government keeps sending more and more to other countries. I believe each country should help their own before sending help out to other places. Makes us all thankful for what we do have.

magiceye said...

absolutely!
very sad state of affairs indeed!

R. Ramesh said...

nice of u to have taken note and tried to help....another reason 4 me to be proud of our friendship...

ferman said...

Nice to see you actually waited for the mother. wonder how many of us think seriously about it.

Sanand said...

You are absolutely right. It is something we see all around us. What appalls me the most is that all educated Indians know that children should not be employed, they should be sent to school, not made to work as beggars or errand boys. However, so many 'respectable' families employ kids full time, making them run and do errands, treating them well and paying them very little in return. Such exploitation by our own people makes me wonder why we speak about India shining and things that have nothing to do with the betterment of the common man and his children.