Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Break Of Dawn......!!!!!!!





No prizes for guessing where these photographs were taken. Thats right!!! I stood in the southern most tip of India and witnessed the break of dawn here in Kanyakumari. The meaning of the word "Dawn" seeped in, in me after I actually saw the sun rise here.It was a sight so spectacular that it leaves me short of words to describe the moment.For the first time I saw and felt those few fraction of a second when darkness is lit with the first glow of light and obviously my picture here is after those seconds because I just could not miss to see this with my own eyes.....and its a picture that has been etched in my mind forever. I was left spellbound as I held my good old camera.....to capture some few shots and share with my friends here.

(PS: The quality of the first picture is not great because its taken by my simple digicam and then while I was taking it a gentleman standing behind me almost pushed me down while trying to get a better picture for himself.lol!!!! )

14 comments:

Rachit said...

its a beautiful place indeed :)

soccarman said...

beautiful pictures nitu and also your profile picture.

Amy and Arpit Mathew said...

Hi! Just came across your blog today! Great pics of Kanyakumari! Enjoyed going through some of the stuff you have written. God Bless!

nituscorner said...

@amy and arpit mathew
thanks for your visit here. looking forward for many more.

R. Ramesh said...

heyy when did u go der?

Irfanuddin said...

Lovely Snaps here by you....

1st time here and good to see you are maintaining a nice Blog here.

Regards,
irfan.

Rachna said...

Lovely! I haven't been there even when I stay in Bangalore. What a shame!

nituscorner said...

@irfanuddin
thanks irfan for visiting my blog.and lookinf forward for many more.

nituscorner said...

@rachna
you should make the trip and enjoy this.

BK Chowla, said...

Beautiful pictures froma beautiful place

yodaonlife said...

I am not much of a travel person but the picture seems interesting. Why don't you also talk about what the picture means to you and what your thoughts were when clicking that picture? This is something that none of the photo blogs out there seem to be doing and it's such a shame. Try writing about your thoughts and mental state of mind and the surrounding when you clicked the picture. The context is what makes the picture special not the play with the light and settings in your camera.

nituscorner said...

@yoda.
g8 to see you here. thanks for your visit and thanks for your suggestions.you are right . a lot of emotions can run through one's mind at that time....which it did.

From Broadway said...

have no idea where this is but the pictures look great!!!

nituscorner said...

@ broadway
these are of Kanyakumari, the southern most tip of India.