Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Last Ties....!!!!

As a daughter I had one last duty towards my late father and that is to immerse his ashes in the Holy River Ganga and pray for his eternal peace of his soul. The journey was an emotional one and not as easy as I had thought it would be. As I carried his ashes , I suddenly felt that I was about to let go the last of what remained of my father........and once more it was a duty that had to be done. The emotional turmoil I went through is hard to put down in words . I went through the same turmoil a year back and as much as I wanted to cry out aloud ........I had no tears then and I still had no tears today......I wish I could let go of all that is bottled up in me but it was not happening.......and today if I ever missed anything in my life time......I missed "My Shadow" beside me......in this time "when I needed you the most".
I pray for his soul to rest in peace and I hope I have been a good daughter to him and have been able to fulfill all his wishes.......I walk back alone silently saying a good bye to him for ever..... memories is all that I have now.

5 comments:

Kavita Saharia said...

Nitu, my eyes are wet remembering uncle's smiling face...i will always remember him as a great human being.So hard to write this comment yaar !

R. Ramesh said...

OMG..too touching a post nitu..you have been a wonderful daughter for him..just like u r a gr8 friend 4 all of us...v r forced to face the harsh realities of life at various stages..and v have little choice but to face them..tc

Patty said...

You sound like a wonderful, devoted daughter, one any Father would be pride to have.

Great Grandma Lin said...

a touching tribute to your father who I can tell you love very much. My father died when I was five so I never knew him but I do believe we'll be together as an eternal family one day-my mom and dad together again and their only child=ME.

Cheryl said...

You are in my thoughts during this difficult time.