Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Little Goan Dancer........!!!!


This is my son Neelav dressed up for a Goan dance in his school......He got a lot of compliments for his dress and looks but my little son was the most disappointed fellow on this day. He could not beleive that he had to dress up like a girl.....and don't ask me how I had to convince him that wearing a dress will in no condition make him a girl......that he din't need to pierce his ear to put those earings......that the make up could be washed off and he won't look like a painted doll for the rest of his life and that the skirt was actually not tranparent......Heavens!!!! by the end of the concert I was drained....he almost made me promise if he ever had to dress up like a girl again .....I would have to think about changing his school. And.....I think he is serious about it !!!! Oh ! I din't know an 8yr old could drive me up the wall.

9 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

cuteeee...cho cuteeee...plz pass on our congrats to junior...cheers.

Kavita Saharia said...

Nitu....isn't he cute?He looks taller and lovelier(teheee)...please give him a tight hug and lotsa kisses from me...tell him next time i will gift him a Barbie doll instead of his fav. Mechanics...love you Nilav.

Great Grandma Lin said...

good for him. sounds like he is his own person. I'm not sure why he's dressed as a girl in America he would be taunted and jeered for the rest of his school career unfortunately. Interesting how cultures are different. I know many countries have all men for the dancers...

nituscorner said...

@lin
well lin he goes to an all boys school and they needed some girl dancers, so some of the boys dressed up as girls, and unfortunately my little one was picked up to be a girl much to his disappointment.

nituscorner said...

@kavita
will pass on your hugs n kisses to him but minus the news that he is getting a barbie doll.am scratching the wall as it is, don't want to break my nails any further.lol.

Anonymous said...

Cute.like mother like son.

Kavita Saharia said...

NITU....this ANONYMOUS needs a name...something like LAISHRAM..whatdaya think?

Cheryl said...

So handsome! He was very brave to do the girl dancer part.

Priyanka Khot said...

He is sooooooooo cute....

how come we did not see much of him earlier....

poor guy.. he had to be dressed up like a girl... i can empathise with him. I went to an all girls school and since I had short hair I was always asked to be the boy... I hated it... coz i was forced to wear the BORING clothes while other girls wore pretty frocks. :-)

Hugs n kisses to Neelav :)