Sunday, August 2, 2009

Friendship Day......!!!!

On a day specially dedicated to Friendship......i can only pen down these lovely words I came across in a book recently......Its a beautiful piece written by Caramel Kitty.

Portrait of a Friend

I can't Give solutions to all
Of life's problems, doubts or fears.
But I can listen to you,
and together we will search for an answer.

I can't change your past
with all its heartache and pain,
or the future with its untold stories.
But I can be there now
When you need me to care.

I can't keep your feet from stumbling,
I can only offer my hand
That you may grasp it and not fall.

Your joys, triumps,successes and happiness are not mine
Yet, I can share in your laughter
Your decisions in life are not mine to make , nor to judge
I can only support you, encourage you,
And help you when you ask.

I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship,
from me , I can only pray for you
talk to you and WAIT for you.

I can't give you boundaries, which I have determined for you
But I can give you the room to change,
room to grow, room to be yourself.

I can't keep your heart from breaking or hurting
But I can cry with you
And help you pick up the pieces and put them back in place.
I can't tell you who you are
I can only love you and be your friend.

I found these little words so apt for YOU , that i thought of dedicating it to you .....Thanks for walking into my life and thanks for accepting me the way I am.

Also wishing all my blogger friends a very happy friendship day. Also wishing all my friends who don't blog but care enough to visit my page. Thanks.

8 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

Happy Friendship Day

Kavita Saharia said...

Happy friendship day...dear.

Great Grandma Lin said...

lovely sentiments and even nicer to have those who you call your friends in your life. thanks...

Cheryl said...

The photo was adorable and the poem very thoughtful and thought-provoking. Enjoyed it very much.

Patty said...

Thank you and Happy Friendship Day to you also. Love the photo.

Anonymous said...

Happy Friendship Day Nitu.I seriously envy your friend but I wish you both the very best on this day.

Priyanka Khot said...

Happy Friendship's day!

Thanks for the call.. I truly believe that it was you rather than those bitter medicines because of which I am better!

:D

Onkar said...

Lovely poem. The photo was very cute.