Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Mother Is Born.....!!!!!



I got a lovely message today which had a part that said "......a child gives birth to a mother ". The saying could not have been more beautifully said and I could not have found a more apt occasion to share this in my space here today. Neelav , my son turned 9 on 28Th august and when I recall the years gone by today , I can only wish him many many happy returns . Being a mother , as all mothers around the world would surely agree with me , is not an easy job.This is one subject that is not taught in any class room......it has no teachers and its one that needs to be handled with care. But personally i feel, in spite of its challenges , its one part of a circle in a woman's life that needs to be experienced . And today as Neelav celebrates his birthday, I can only silently thank him for giving birth to that part of me that completes my circle of womanhood in this life time....for along with his birth a Mother was also born and though there might have been times when I might not have been able to be the ideal perfect by the book Mother, I definitely strife to be one.

8 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

.a child gives birth to a mother ....what a brilliant line...never thought in those lines..good post nitu..our best wishes to junior Nitu...

Anonymous said...

a beautiful post nitu.

Vinisha said...

Hey! Wishing you and your son many happy returns of the day - belated of course :)

Patty said...

What a beautiful post and oh so true.

penak said...

hi nitu,
i was out of town for a while , so could not update myself. am back now and the first thing i did after i logged in was check out your blog. what a lovely , touching post you have here today. I just thought of my mother.

Priyanka Khot said...

Happy Birthday Neelav! May God bless you loads and loads.

You are blessed to have a mother like Nitu and I hope and wish that you cherish her always just as I am sure she will keep you near her heart always.

Lots of love and hugs from Delhi. :-)

Cheryl said...

A beautiful, thought-provoking post. Enjoyed it immensely!

Great Grandma Lin said...

motherhood is a learning experience like other things in life. we learn from our mistakes then our kids get to make the same mistakes as parents. lol!