Saturday, September 5, 2009

Book Fair......!!!!




As I was going to hospital this morning , I passed through the State Central Library and I saw that there was a book fair going on. This is one event I look forward to in Shillong and I quickly made a mental note that today if all was easy in the hospital I would sneak and take a peep here.I usually make multiple visits , so the first time is usually a curtain raiser for me. lol! But at least in my next consecutive visits I know which stall I would like to hang around and see some books . Well, I managed to drop by with a colleague just before lunch , not that my hunger was satisfied but it definitely acted as an appetiser. I am already planning my next visit and this time alone so that I can wonder and get lost in the wonderland , with no one rushing me through. Nevertheless I did manage to pick up some books.....and am sure looking forward for more.

5 comments:

Kavita Saharia said...

Book fair is one thing that i never miss...lucky you...our is may be by end of oct.Have a great time and show us the books you bought.

Onkar said...

Book-lovers are everywhere. Even in Delhi, a big book fair is currently on.

R. Ramesh said...

great going friend..the post abt book fair is great..ok, note down my address..i wll wait for a courier of the latest books from u:RR..aaa, bbb..UAE..lol

Great Grandma Lin said...

interesting...are these local books or ?

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful adventure, exploring all the books there. Hoping to find something you've been meaning to read, or finding something that might make one laugh or books full of pretty photos. Sounds like a great time to me.