Monday, November 30, 2009

Bodh Gaya .........2 !!!!!!







Today I thought I would put up the rest of the pictures of Bodh Gaya ........

Starting from above that is statue of the Lord Buddha , which is suppose to be 64ft in height, and it took about 4 yrs to complete it. It was so beautiful, as if He was guarding the whole town of Bodh Gaya.

The second picture is of the prayer beads. I bought one for myself .

These are pictures of the monastery inside the main temple. This was in the morning when these young monks were having classes.

The next one is of the devotees from all over the world offering prayers in the main temple.

The next picture is of the tree where Lord Buddha sat and attained his Enlightenment.The original tree died. This is an off shoot from the original tree.

The last picture is suppose to be the imprints of Lord Buddha's feet.

5 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

interesting, I'm loving learning and seeing more of your culture and history.

Priyanka Khot said...

Looks magnificent! I wish all your prayers are answered soon.

PLEASE
Vote for Delhi Photo Diary in the 15th category by clicking this
Link

R. Ramesh said...

superb...

Cheryl said...

I too agree with Lin Floyd's comment! Fascinating.

Onkar said...

The first picture is awesome.