Sunday, February 7, 2010

Anand's Home.....!!!!!





We had to cross forest areas to reach Anand's village and we drove through places that had no roads. Asking people for directions we finally found Anand's house. I stood and stared because not in my dreams did I imagine his home to be like this. It was a one room hut , divided into two parts. The kitchen and a another part which had a bunk . Am told the bunk is shared by people and his cattle. The top of the bunk is used as a bed and the cattle's sleep under it.When we reached, his mother took out a crude hand made bed and spread the only bed sheet she had...obviously kept for special occasions and visitors. We had water and told his mother not to bother about any thing else. I was loss for words.

7 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

what a natural wondeful setting...y u dint take us along..your blog friends??? y y y

HELENA AFONSO said...

THIS IS THE INDIA I LOVE - MYSTICAL, simple and loving,
HELENA

Great Grandma Lin said...

I guess in comparison their humble home would be a mansion to those in Haiti who live in tents. Amazing what we get used to as far as living accomodations. Great for cows though! lol!

Patty said...

That must have been some trip. Sounds like they live a very simple life.

Cheryl said...

I imagine Anand was delighted to see you appear at his home. I cannot begin to comprehend what the home life is like there. Sometimes we need to see photos such as this. Thank you for sharing.

soccarman said...

This was interesting.Looking forward to read more about your trip.

Priyanka Khot said...

What a simple life. I like the fact that us Indians treat our guests with the best we have to offer. :-)