Friday, February 5, 2010

My Holiday With A Touch Of Harsh Reality........!!!!!




My holiday though short this time was a little different from the ones I usually take every year. I had gone visiting my inlaws and then thought of visiting some real interior villages of Bihar.A typical village scene is one I have seen only in movies. This time I saw it for real and during my trip here I have taken a few shots that caught my eye. In my upcoming posts I will try to share some of them.

After a lot of discussion , it was finally decided that we would drive to the village of our Ex-helper Anand. Its far almost touching Nepal borders......the area also known as Doane Area. This is mostly a tribal area, the people call themselves as Tharus. Anand stayed with us for almost 4yrs till he was called back home because he was now needed by his family. But I cannot forget Anand for what he did for my father when he was in coma till the day he passed away. So I thought it would be my small way of showing my gratitude to him. I didn't know if he was in the village or not since there was no way of communicating with him or his family. I could only keep my fingers crossed. It would be disappointing not meeting him after coming this far. But luckily we did and here is his picture.

6 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

it looks cold there. good that you could meet again.

R. Ramesh said...

superb yar...excellent post..

Onkar said...

I admire your choice of village.

Razzer said...

Heyyy...Rem me? Long time no see? How u been?
I can see u been havin fun. I envy u yaar. U get to see so many new places.
Missed u. :)
God bless.

Patty said...

How nice that you were able to meet up with him again.

Cheryl said...

Wow, what a journey you've taken. So glad you found your friend.