Friday, February 19, 2010

Eldorado Guest House.......!!!!!





If any one would call me to book a place for them in Shillong.....a hotel would be the last resort that I would look for. And among all the guest houses available here in the city , this is undoubtly my favorite. For one they have kept the old structure of how houses used to be in Shillong.......and secondly its very well kept and clean too, also got a lovely lawn...... and of course its in the heart of the city.......easily accessible. We had our Indian Dental Council Meet here last year, where we had people from all over the country , some their first visit. It was a big hit with all of them. I felt real good because I had to give the thumbs up sign for it as I was holding the post of treasurer then....and every pie taken out from the account counts ...lol...!!! This was money well spent I should say. So any one interested to try this place instead of concrete hotels , I will happily do your bookings.......lol!!!!

16 comments:

Prashanth Rajan said...

Now I know where to come when I go sight seeing in Shillong :)

Great Grandma Lin said...

looks lovely. I don't think many trust concrete hotel after seeing what happened in Haiti with the earthquake.

R. Ramesh said...

oh shucks i thought u r inviting us home...bahhh:)
btw, excellent post and photos..but i am still crying at the disappointment...

Linda said...

That is a lovely place. I take it hotels are not so nice. Are they dirty, have poor service, or just feel unfriendly?

nituscorner said...

@linda
not that hotels are not nice. its just a personal preference. you know a home away from home types.

nituscorner said...

@lin
its only in recent years that people have started building up concrete houses as wood has become very expensive. and yes special attention is given as Shillong lies on the earth quake belt.

Patty said...

Looks like a lovely place to stay.

Cheryl said...

Oh lovely, how I would love to stay there. I think a guest house must be much more private and more personal.

Onkar said...

The place looks great. Will try it out while I am in Shillong.

soccarman said...

i agree with onkar. will try our eldorado next time i am in the city.

Anonymous said...

it's really clean & v nice, i know who & where to contact then, what's the rate like btw

Irene said...

Hi Nitu,
I'll be visiting Shillong end April and would really like to stay in this place. Do you think you'd be able to help me about this? I'd really appreciate it if you could email me at idmalik@gmail.com.
Thanks
Irene

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Dear Nitu, I read your post on Eldorado Guest House. We are very interested to stay at Eldorado Guest House and plan to visit around 24 May 2014. We would like to make a booking. Could you help us? My email id is madhuparna.banerjee@gmail.com.

Many thanks:)