Sunday, February 14, 2010

"No Table Manners For Me Please.......!!!! "


I had once attended a programme by " The Art Of Living " centre where Sri Sri Ravi Shankerji was giving a discourse and for the whole 2hrs that I sat there I specifically remember him saying " please do not let the child in you die because once it dies we cease to enjoy and understand the very meaning of life. " I found those words very beautiful then but today am able to understand the very depth of it . I saw the joy of being a child in my nephew recently when I had met them. It was his supper time.......and no matter how his mother was trying to make it a more presentable one......Adi ( or Advik, his name ) simple refused to stick to table manners. "No apron, no dining table for me please....." was his loud and clear message. I loved it .......the very fact that he had a little mind of his own and simple put his little foot down......not like stuffy adults like us....always out to impress people around us......put up that plastic smile .......and having to do things that we don't want to do.......well a toddler and a charmer that he is.....he got away with it......but poor baby very soon it would be drilled into him the dos and don'ts of living in a society and yes even a loud heart felt laugh is often thought twice. No wonder we now have " Laughing Clubs "......though I still can't figure out how can people laugh a forced laugh.....even if its suppose to be of some health value. Has life really lost the funny side ?????

10 comments:

Patty said...

Yes, I agree, let the child be a child as long as possible. I don 't know about where you live but here in the US, they show these darn commercials, that have kids doing and acting like adults. No wonder kids in the second and third grades of school, think they are grown up.

I try to stay young, doing puzzles, games and so forth on the computer or with the family. When our daughter all drop in, we play a lot of board games and card games that even the children can play. We do have one son, but he's lived in Florida since he was 21, and he's now 52, so we don't see him that often, but keep in touch over the computer, Facebook, blogs and telephone.

R. Ramesh said...

exactly...i cannot agree to forced laughter..i also think it is more of a punishment than therapy..nitu...plz have a look at priyanka blog..

R. Ramesh said...

n-next time when p vists dubai do join...there's a dinner on floating restaurant waiting for u...what say?

Linda said...

You are so right. In recent months I have seriously begun to wonder of the world has lost its laugh. Thanks for this nice post.

Great Grandma Lin said...

thought provoking post...

Patty said...

P.S. Love the photo of the little fella with the food on his face. Sometimes I feel like doing that and worry about wiping the face when I'm all finished. LOL I would love to lick out my ice cream dish like I use to when I was a kid. But wouldn't dream of doing it now.

soccarman said...

I loved this post nitu. Sometimes i wonder as i see in your profile that you are a doctor, how do you get the time to notice all these small beautiful things in life that we tend to overlook.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful! I so enjoyed your post. For me making a snow angel at my age and having a wonderful laugh with my husband over it made me feel oh so young! I know I sometimes "act child-like" but as long as it doesn't bother anyone I will continue to do so! Its fun to laugh out loud over silly things. Perhaps if we all were children inside we would have a much happier and healthier life!

R. Ramesh said...

nituuuu hiiii

Anonymous said...

cute girl! hey i like the laughing club, we don't have it here but i wish i could join one day