Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Showers.....!!!!!




The city of pines had her first Spring Shower today.The blue sky turned grey all of a sudden and it started pouring cats and dogs bringing down the temperature instantly. By the time I left the hospital, it was freezing and I got stuck in one of the worst traffic jams. So as I sat in my car , waiting for the signals from the traffic police, I watched the rain drops on my window pane as it fell and touched the thirsty ground. The earth smelt heavenly and the tress looked fresh. And as I felt the goodness of nature.........I wished you were here today to feel this too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

and thanks for describing the nice feeling to us, i hope one day our internet linked PC is able to transmit the aroma to far distant places, let's just wait for some mad scientist to suddenly wake up one day....

Priyanka Khot said...

Wow! Could almost smell the fragrance of the wet earth...

Happy dancing in the rain :-)

Great Grandma Lin said...

glad you enjoyed the rain during the rush traffic

soccarman said...

you are so lucky to be staying in such a beautiful place nitu.
Btw i read about the last football match against the home team. they did put up a good fight.

Rachna said...

Nitu,

I can imagine the feeling. Just day before yesterday, we had the experience of our first showers in Bangalore. It was so amazing, and the kids they loved playing and dancing in the rains :). There is something about first rains which elates. Thanks for sharing the pics.

BK Chowla, said...

I have no words to express myself.
Super Pics.

Cheryl said...

Even though it sounds as if you were stuck in a traffic jam, you made the very best of it by taking in all that was around you, the raindrops as well as the fresh smell of the earth.

magiceye said...

aaah... love the earthy aroma...

beautiful...

R. Ramesh said...

oh raining der? come here and feel the heat...

Onkar said...

Rain in the hills- I can imagine the beauty of it.