Monday, October 14, 2013

A send off.....!!!

  1. Well days don't take long to pass and before we knew pujas came to an end and today Ma Durga was sent off to Her abode.Shillong city don't really have a river.This place in polo ground is where the immersion takes place.I guess they would dam the little stream so that enough water collects for the immersion.When I was younger, my father would take me to see this and then my thoughts would be "Oh how will she travel back to Himalayas......." because we all heard stories that's where her home was.I even remember once I asked my father to take me to Himalayas for a vacation hoping to catch a glimpse of Her on her home ground. Such innocent thoughts died as I grew up. Today as I stand on my balcony, my thoughts are "oh is this really Eco friendly....what happens if we don't immerse the idols...etc..."Among all these thoughts one thing remains unchanged....as I hear the distant beating of the dhaak, I say a silent prayer that as Ma Durga leaves ,I hope she takes with her all the bad and evils surrounding us and blesses each one of us as we wait for Her return the next year. May the Good defeat the Evils.....as She did.....may She give us the Shakti to stand up for all the wrong deeds in our country.....and may every woman in our country be the Durga in our society.
                                       Happy Bijoya to all my friends.

No comments: